Monday, January 07, 2013

Ask Me Anything #26



It's the first Monday of the month, and the new year, and time for "Ask Me Anything."  I'll field any questions and try and answer them throughout the month.

Questions can be about anything at all; my work, my influences, my opinions, stuff I've watched, read, looked at, eaten, or listened to, or anything else you might want to know, and that I might have an answer for. Head down to the comment section and post your question. I'll either post my answer in the comment section as well, or answer it in a special post all its own sometime later in the month.

Please take the time to view the previous questions so that we don't wind up with a lot of repetition. I've been asked a lot of good, thought provoking questions in the past as well as some really banal ones, all of which I tried to answer. You can see the previous questions by visiting Ask Me Anything  #1#2 ,  #3#4#5#6 , #7 , #8#9,  #10,  #11,  #12 , #13#14,  #15 , #16#17 , #18 , #19,  #20,  #21#22,  #23#24, and #25.  Answers not found following the questions can be found in the archives section for each associated month under Ask Me Anything.

Now ask away. 

7 comments:

Robert Pope said...

As you've written extensively about YOUR favorite season, a quesiton about MINE-favorite version of A CHRISTMAS CAROL, and why (or why not, as the case may be...)

Michael C. said...

Any comic book conventions in 2013?

Michael C. said...

Also, not a question, but I'd love to see the Xombi annotations

John Rozum said...


Mr. Pope - I'll address this in a separate post. I'll tell you this much though, it's not the adaptation that was done as an episode of "The Six Million Dollar Man."

Michael C. - I'm hoping to attend Boston Comic Con in April, but have no plans for any others this year. I'm a bit claustrophobic in crowds, so I haven't attended many in the past few years. If I change my mind, I'll post the information here on my blog.

The Xombi annotations will be forthcoming. I'm hoping to have those up here next month, or no later than March.

Michael C. said...

Who owns Xombi? You or DC?

John Rozum said...

Milestone Media owns Xombi. I don't know what their arrangement is with DC, or for how long? It's tough to find out right now since Dwayne McDuffie is no longer here to ask.

All I know is that DC cannot do anything with Xombi without my writing it. That was Dwayne's stipulation with them when they wanted to bring Xombi back. I am very grateful that he did that for me.

Both Frazer Irving and I would love to move forward with the series.

Michael C. said...

I'm glad to hear you have to be involved with Xombi should anything Xombi related occur. McDuffie was awesome.

It occurred to me that, if you or Milestone owned Xombi, it might be possible to publish elsewhere - similar to The Boys leaving DC/Wildstorm. I know it's unlikely, but it would be awesome. It just feels like with the press/marketing and amazing creative output at Image right now, Xombi might find a more receptive audience there outside the Big-2.