Friday, January 28, 2011

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? #5


This also slipped by me unawares. Until a copy reached me today, I had no idea that I had a story in Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? issue #5 which went on sale January 5th. The story "Sound Stage Spook" is the second Scooby-Doo story I ever wrote and was originally published in Scooby-Doo #18 way back in January of 1999. It was later reprinted in the digest sized collection of Scooby-Doo comics, Scooby-Doo: The Big Squeeze.

The story features art by Joe Staton and Andrew Pepoy with color by Paul Becton and letters by John Costanza. It was also the first time I used my recurring characters of movie director Tom Burden, and make-up artist Tim Sevine. The giant crab movie being made in this story, "Bisque, Horror from the Deep" would also appear in later stories. There were some appearances by non-Scooby-Doo Hanna-Barbera characters as well, which you can read about here if you are so inclined.

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? #5 should still be available at a comic book store near you.

1 comment: