Wednesday, October 28, 2009

31 Days of Halloween - Day 28


















Today's collage portrait is of Godzilla as he appeared in GODZILLA 2000 (1999). This new design for Japan's most famous monster was constructed by Kakusei Fujiwara and Shisishi Wakasa and brought to life by actor Tsutomu Kitagawa.

This collage was done a few years ago, and was a departure from the more realistic monster portraits I've been doing. It's based on the Polish poster for the original GODZILLA (1954) (see poster IX here).

3 comments:

Dane said...

That's got real style. In fact, all of these do, I love your way with color.

Steven Altis said...

Well that is it! That is just hands down my absolute favorite of an already amazing bunch of collages... and not just because I have a soft spot in my heart for G. Looks so three dimensional and I just love the colors, too!

wyrmphreak said...

I'm a huge fan of Godzilla. I'm a lover of dinosaurs, so he falls right into that category.

Anyway, I LOVE this collage!!! The colors absolutely pop off the screen, the varying greens of his skin really give him dimension, and I ADORE the different style. It's a great way to showcase this particular monster. What a fantastic print this would make!!